Here’s another GREAT quick and easy recipe for anyone.. If you like chocolate and peanut butter, you will LOVE this one..
Makes 1 Serving
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoon low-fat plain or vanilla yogurt
1. Combine peanut butter and chocolate syrup, mixing until well blended. Stir in the yogurt. Serve with 1 cup assorted carrot and celery sticks, sliced cucumbers, apples or pear slices.
Substitute any of your favorite fruits and vegetables and enjoy this great summer snack. The entire family will love it and you..
Thanks for visiting my blog and don’t forget to “LIKE” my Facebook page.
“Eat Healthy, Live Healthy”
- 5 large strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cantaloupe, cut into balls or cubes
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 apple, cut into chunks
- 20 skewers
- Thread the strawberries, cantaloupe, banana and apple pieces alternately onto skewers, placing at least 2 pieces of fruit on each skewer. Arrange the fruit skewers decoratively on a serving platter.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 61 | Total Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 0mg
This is great for the summer months and the kids can even assist in making them. Try dipping the strawberries in chocolate for a special treat.
Thank you for visiting my blog and please stop by again soon. If you like this recipe, follow me on facebook and “LIKE” my fan page.
Have a great summer and eat healthy.
– Wendy Millington
Kids will enjoy this delicious treat for breakfast/lunch or a snack!!! They are easy enough to make that the little ones can even help..
Preparation time: 5 minutes
1 (6 inch) whole wheat tortilla
1 tablespoon reduced-fat smooth peanut butter
1 medium banana
1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
1 tablespoon granola
Instructions: Lay tortilla on a plate. Spread peanut butter evenly on the tortilla. Sprinkle granola over peanut butter.
Peel and place banana on the tortilla and roll the tortilla. Drizzle maple syrup or honey on top.
Optional: garnish with more granola on top.
½ Cup of Fruit per Serving
Nutrition Information per serving: calories: 303, total fat: 6.4g, saturated fat: 1.2g, % calories from fat: 17%, % calories from saturated fat: 3%, protein: 9g, carbohydrates: 63g, cholesterol: 0mg, dietary fiber: 7g, sodium: 306mg
by Wendy Millington
“LIKE” my facebook page to get the latest postings.
This is a GREAT recipe for a hot summer day!! The kids will enjoy it…
- Prep: 20 min. + chilling
- Yield: 24 Servings
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 4 medium unpeeled Red Delicious apples, cored
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and honey; fold in chocolate chips and raisins.
- Fill centers of apples with peanut butter mixture; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 1/4-in. rings. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts 1 apple ring equals 50 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
by Wendy Millington