Sip on this great summer drink while sitting pool side or just relaxing in your home.. You can make it as an adult drink or a drink for the entire family.
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup blueberry nectar
- 1/4 cup seltzer
- 2 tablespoons frozen lemonade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 ounces tequila, optional
- 1 lemon wedge
- Coarse salt
- Combine ice, blueberries, blueberry nectar, seltzer, lemonade, lemon juice and tequila, if using, in a blender and blend until smooth. Rub rim of 2 glasses with lemon wedge and dip in salt. Divide the margarita between the prepared glasses and serve.
Per serving: 125 calories; 1 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 2 g fiber; 14 mg sodium; 147 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium, vitamin C, phytochemicals.
Add your Reliv lemon Innergize! to this recipe for extra energy throughout the day..
As always, Thank you for visiting my blog. If you enjoyed this recipe, share it with your friends, family, and on facebook…
Don’t forget to follow me on facebook for day-to-day updates..
For only 100 calories………yes……. you can have this daily if you like!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk, light
- 1 banana
- 1 cup ice
- optional: 1 teaspoon of rum extract
- topping:unsweetened, shredded coconut flakes
In a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. Top with coconut flakes. Enjoy!
Servings: 4* Calories per serving: 103* Fat: 3g* Fiber: 2g* Carbs: 19g* Protein: 1g* Points+: 3*
by Wendy Millington
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
By Wendy Millington
This meal-in-a-glass smoothie is bursting with berries and orange juice, healthful sources of carbohydrate and powerful antioxidants. Getting plenty of antioxidant-rich foods makes sense for active people, since free radicals are produced any time the body’s cells process oxygen.
1 smoothie, about 2 cups
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups fresh berries
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place berries, yogurt, orange juice, dry milk, wheat germ, honey and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth.
Per serving: 432 calories; 3 g fat ( 2 g sat , 0 g mono ); 15 mg cholesterol; 77 g carbohydrates; 20 g protein; 7 g fiber; 250 mg sodium; 617 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (175% daily value), Calcium (63% dv), Potassium (18% dv), Magnesium (16% dv).