Makes: 10 servings
Serving size:3/4 cup
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 4-serving-size package fat-free sugar-free reduced-calorie vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 8 ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups assorted citrus fruit sections (such as blood oranges, tangelos, grapefruit, and/or navel oranges)
- 1/2 8 ounce angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- Sliced kumquats and/or fresh mint sprigs (optional)
In a medium bowl combine milk and pudding mix; beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the orange peel and 2 tablespoons of the orange juice. Set aside. In a large bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add pudding mixture, beating until combined.
Divide half of the fruit among ten 6-ounce dessert glasses or dishes. (Or arrange half of the fruit in a 1-1/2-quart glass bowl.) Arrange half of the cake cubes on the fruit. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the remaining orange juice. Spoon half of the pudding mixture over cake. Repeat layers. Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving. If desired, garnish individual servings with sliced kumquats and/or fresh mint sprigs.
What a great healthy breakfast recipe for the summer months. This can also be eaten as a snack!!!
If you enjoy this recipe, make sure you share it with your friends and family.
You can now follow me on Twitter @RelivingHealthy.
“Eat Healthy, Live Healthy”