Here are my top 5 favorite butt exercises from fitnessmagazine.com..
This is an awesome way to relieve tension in your lower back and work your butt at the same time. (A nice soft mat will keep your tailbone from crying afterward.)
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
- Lift your hips toward the ceiling. Hold for 1 count, and then lower back down.
- Repeat the lifts for 60 seconds, squeezing your glutes and hamstrings at the top of the range of motion. Be careful not to overarch your spine.
- To make this exercise more difficult, extend one leg at the top of the lift. Keep your thighs parallel and hold the lifted position for about 5 seconds.
- Keeping your hips up, place your foot back on the floor and then lower your hips.
- Repeat this exercise for 30 seconds; switch sides and do the move for another 30 seconds on the other leg.
Single-Leg Front Raises
Balance! A solid thigh stretch! Glute tightening! This is a multi-reward move that requires less coordination than you might think.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend your right leg and raise it about 3 inches off the floor.
- Extend both arms in front of you at chest height and your palms facing down.
- Keeping your arms straight, raise your left arm above your head and hold for 3 counts, then return to chest height.
- Continue alternating arm raises until you’ve done 8 total, 4 reps on each arm.
- Now switch legs, doing 8 more reps standing on your right leg.
Single-Leg Squat with Towel
This targets that messy undies spillover area between the very back of your bum and the lower part of your hips. You don’t have that? A double scoop for you then, fitness queen.
- Stand with your feet together and place your right foot on top of a folded towel.
- Shifting your weight to your left leg, slide the towel out slowly to your right.
- Then slowly return to the start position.
- Work this side for 30 seconds, keeping your elbows bent and your fists together near your chin.
- When you squat, your left knee should bend between 45 and 90 degrees.
- After 30 seconds, switch legs and do the squats and slides for another 30 seconds.
I would typically shy away from anything that referred to my bum and any explosions, but this move gives me an awesome stretch through my glutes while testing my balance and coordination and patience.
- Stand with your feet together and your hands on your hips.
- Then lunge forward with your right leg.
- Jump up, switch legs in midair, and land with your left leg in a forward lunge.
- Continue these explosive lunges, alternating sides, for one minute.
- Keep your fists up in front of your chin and push off the floor with both feet. Your front knee should be bent 90 degrees and align over your ankle.
A simple way to kick off even a quickie workout, these squats are powerful little moves. Over time, increase reps and dumbbell weight to amp them up.
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and 8- to 10-pound dumbbells by your thighs.
- Squat down as if you were going to sit in a chair, keeping your weight over your heels.
- Squeeze your glutes as you return to the start position.
- Do 15-20 reps.
- As you continue, keep the weight in your heels, making sure your knees do not pass forward of your toes.
- For a bigger challenge, try it without the weights, jump explosively, and land in the squat position.
Thank you for visiting my site, I hope you come back again soon. Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @RelivingHealthy.
“Eat Healthy, Live Healthy”