Do you ever crave the famous Christmas meal of turkey and cranberries and it’s not Christmas? Here is a healthy alternative you can make anytime of the year..
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked ground turkey breast or chicken breast
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
In a medium bowl, stir together carrot, green onions, bread crumbs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add ground turkey; mix well. Shape the turkey mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
Place patties on a greased grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until patties are done (165 degrees F),* turning once halfway through grilling.
Arrange mixed greens on bottoms of buns. Top with grilled patties and cranberry sauce; replace top halves of buns.
Tip: Broiling Directions: Place patties on greased unheated broiler pan rack. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 11 to 13 minutes or until done (165 degrees F),* turning once halfway through broiling.
Thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you enjoy this delish recipe. Follow me on facebook at http://www.facebook.com and “LIKE” my page.