- 1 cup fresh orange juice $
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil $
- Dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries $
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, halved $
- 1 large ripe peach or nectarine, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 15 minutes). Add oil and salt to pan, stirring with a whisk. Let stand 2 minutes.
- 2. Combine berries and peach in a large bowl. Add juice mixture, stirring gently. Sprinkle with basil.
by Wendy Millington